Senior Conversion Optimiser & Project Manager London, UK
Company: AWA digital
You’ve got a great track record of results optimising ecommerce websites. You have hands on experience of the whole CRO process from research to split test results, and you’re good at project management. But you want more.
If you’re ready to step up and head a small team of optimisers and be the client’s main point of contact for them, we’d like to talk to you.
It’s a demanding, busy role, at one of the one of the UK’s fastest-growing international web optimisation agencies.
You need to be confident to chair a meeting in person or on skype, be in touch daily with the client by phone and by email, and adept at distiling their complex needs. To deliver on that, you’ll need to co-ordinate and direct a brilliant team of optimisers, technical and creative staff.
The client is extremely CRO savvy, and expects you to be the same. That’s why it’s essential that you have some solid experience as an optimiser under your belt, including first hand experience of doing in-depth quant research, usability sessions, analytics, creating an optimisation plan, designing and running the split tests.
You need to be driven by getting great results, hungry to learn and skilled at building strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
If that sounds like you then please get in touch. This is a rare opportunity to work on a European blue chip account at a senior level. This is a full time role, but part time or flexi-time would be considered.
The role combines managing a team and being the main point of contact for the client with optimisation work on client projects, using the AWA methodology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strong relationship with the client team and a deep understanding of their business objectives and company culture
- Being the main day to day contact for a large international client
- Attending at least one meeting a week at the client’s premises in West London
- Developing a deep understanding of their company culture, structure and product range.
- Liaising with several client departments to be aware of their needs, collating and disseminating information.
- Managing a team of optimisers, copywriters, designers and delivering a seamless service to the client
- Preparing quarterly and annual client reviews, presenting and chairing the meetings to the client's senior team and distributing follow-up notes
- Preparing plans for optimisation and split testing and ensuring their effective delivery.
From time to time, you may also be asked to contribute to ongoing business development for AWA such as helping to prepare case studies, work on pitches and attending presentations to prospective clients.
You must have experience of optimising websites, as the client has specifically requested that the project manager is also an optimiser.
You should have an in-depth understanding of research tools and techniques and how to apply them as well as split testing tools and how to interpret them.
You need to have an outstanding eye for detail and ability to prioritise ruthlessly and make sure key project deliverables are met, but also understand the bigger picture of the client’s business.
You are a team player and enjoy socialising, but able to work on your own, as much of AWA’s work is done remotely. You’re flexible and adaptable, with a thirst for knowledge and continual learning.
You are personable and approachable, and exude professionalism and gravitas.
AWA digital was founded in 2011 by Dan Croxen-John, a former CEO of several multi-channel businesses. Originally called Applied Web Analytics, the current name was adopted in 2013 to reflect our change from analytics consultancy to fully fledged conversion rate optimisation agency.
Our clients include Dunelm, Mothercare, Interflora, Mountain Warehouse, Xero Shoes and Cox & Cox and we operate both virtually and from our offices in three continents.
Our core belief is that buying should be easy and this philosophy is a key factor in our success. Our work optimising websites is not simply about gaining huge sales increases for clients; it touches people’s lives.
As an agency we invest heavily in our people. The whole team meets once a quarter, for free training often from external speakers such as Roger Dooley and Lea Pica. These awaydays are also a change to review progress, issues, triumphs and disasters and collectively learn and develop from them.
Take a look at our company brochure here.
Discover more about who AWA are and why we do what we do with our explainer videos:
Find out about the results we achieve on our case studies page.
Learn more about the team you'll be working with on our biographies page.
Why work for us?
- Ambition - We know where are we going and we have a plan how to get there - our goal is to be the world’s most influential conversion business - and you’ll be part of achieving that
- Growth - You’ll be coming into a business which has expanded quickly, where there will a lots of exciting opportunities for you to develop and grow
- Support - AWA has a sophisticated, and well-maintained lead-generation system in place and a wide range of marketing collateral to give you the best chance of making the sale.
- Flexibility - Although you’ll be based in Oxford Street offices, we believe in making work enjoyable - and depending on you that might mean working from home, the beach or on top of Table Mountain in Cape Town
- International - We work with clients from all around the world, from Woolworths in South Africa, to start-ups in the States and household names like Dunelm in the UK. If you like travel, this could be a great position
- Outstanding people - We learn from the people around us, and we have some great individuals, who love working as part of team. We have published authors, business turnaround specialists, Oxford Maths graduates and ex-international marketing directors - all using the most advanced tools and research techniques. We regularly have all-team training from external experts; recent speakers have included Roger Dooley and Leah Pica.
- Success - We get great results and love celebrating both with our clients and as a company, whether it’s glasses of champagne at after a big win or all going to an inspiring conference and letting our hair down afterwards, we know how to make work enjoyable
Interested? We would like to talk to you
Here’s what you should do next:
- Read the job description and person specification
- Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you’ll be a good fit to johann.vantonder [at] awa-digital.com
Direct applications only - strictly no recruitment agencies.