Senior Commercial Financial Analyst United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Commercial Financial Analyst for our Go-To-Market (“GTM”) Finance team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our US Go to Market organization. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum and regional growth while driving the region’s financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst, your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate a recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies. Reporting to the Go to Market Finance Leader, you will have an important impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
In this role, you’ll:
- Contribute to the design, delivery & development of deal metrics that report on regional trends including pricing, product win/loss insights and customer requests.
- Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging team to strategize on new pricing, packaging and discounting initiatives. Maintain accurate product cost information and key deal fields needed for margin determination.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate and remove friction from deal cycle via automation + operational improvements while maintaining financial rigor and key controls.
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, handle user problems and debriefs. Drive decision making that aligns with company objectives.
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting levels.
- Understand key financial terms & conditions needed to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to realize product mix and regional financial targets.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of relevant experience in commercial finance, consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Elite Excel skills - your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are able to build for all audiences.
- Advanced ability to navigate Salesforce to build custom reports and dashboards.
- Solution-oriented; able to cut through the noise to identify the core components of a problem, and then drive toward an outcome that optimizes for business impact.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them. You thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Excels at juggling multiple priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and motivated and able to collaborate across cross-functional teams to tackle complex problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to influence and build effective working relationships with all levers of sales organization and cross-functional teams.
- Fluent understanding of core financial metrics, P&L dynamics and unit price economics.
- Software / SaaS experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
This role will be Remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $74,944.00 - $103,048.00
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3636214