Senior Business Systems Analyst Worldwide
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Business Systems job family at GitLab is in charge of designing, delivering, and maintaining high quality business systems solutions by applying project management methodology.
- Creates interdepartmental feedback loops, workflows, and processes.
- Identify and document new processes and methods for team member workflows
- Triage / troubleshoot issues and find workarounds where possible
- Submit and contribute to bug reports and feature requests/improvements when relevant to project work
- Work closely with GitLab teams to escalate and prioritize issues
- Drive a program of improvement with multiple internal customer teams with limited managerial direction
- Proactively identify inefficiencies or future inefficiencies, and foster organizational momentum to address
- Provide best practice, or experience driven solutions to business problems
- Work on long-term, multi-stage projects of high complexity
- Exert significant influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of Business Operations, and internal customer teams.
- Keep an even keel, and act as a point of stability and focus for ambitious or controversial projects
- Identify and drive best practices for Business Operations projects
- Foresee and drive net new organizational capabilities
- 4 -7 years experience, demonstrating consistent advancement or development, with at least half in related roles
- Over three years in a high-growth technology company, working hands on with our tech stack at our stage in operational maturity
- Multiple successful business system projects and experience with business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a high-growth enterprise SaaS environment
- Good analytical skills, understanding of project lifecycles, and the ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure the software delivered matches the business communities' needs
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: an articulate and effective communicator able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Experience with supporting multiple implementation work-streams simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills while working with SME's, senior leaders, and business users/ stakeholders to drive business analysis/user requirements,
- Strong experience in negotiating scope and priorities and balancing for successful outcomes
- Basic understanding of database and integration approaches.
- Proven track record of improving operational efficiency
- Ability and desire to grow and coach less tenured team-members
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Business Systems Analysts in a panel interview
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our IT Operations Team (may be a panel)
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with a Team Member (may be member of the SalesOps, MarketingOps, or Data Ops team)
- Then the candidate will be invited to interview with the Director of Enterprise Applications
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $84,000-126,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6338669002