Senior Business AnalystRemoteInsights – InsightsRemote Worldwide
Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our Insights team.
The salary range for this position in the United States is $111,000 - 136,000.
About the Team
Kickstarter is a complex and diverse ecosystem with an incredibly rich data set. The Insights team is tasked with harnessing this data, providing the organization with the analytical tools and actionable insights in order to drive meaningful impact across Kickstarter’s most strategic objectives. We’re passionate about finding new ways to use data and research to bring more creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Leverage a blend of data analysis, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving to uncover opportunities, propose solutions, and measure success in driving growth and engagement in our backer community, with the potential to make a major impact on creators and our business.
- Use data to identify growth loops and opportunities to better connect backers with projects they’ll love; for example, by defining advanced metrics and collaborating with our research, product, and creator and backer success teams to develop a more robust, user-facing tagging taxonomy.
- Design and build out advanced reporting for teams such as Lifecycle Marketing and Creator and Backer Success to monitor key metrics such as ROAS (Return on Ad Spend), LTV (Lifetime Value), CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost), and ROI (Return on Investment), as well as proactively deliver insights, respond to ad hoc requests, and level up stakeholders’ data fluency and self-sufficiency in our analytics tools.
- Rethink our attribution model and referrer taxonomy, collaborating with other teams to develop a more flexible, nuanced, and robust implementation.
- Collaborate with our Chief Strategy Officer and Director of Strategy & Analytics on advanced analyses such as executive briefs and quarterly board reports.
- Contribute to other initiatives to set the right objectives, assess revenue potential, and help make us more efficient as an organization.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in business intelligence and/or marketing analytics.
- You like to approach problems logically and break down complicated problems into simpler, organized parts, but you also have a creative drive and entrepreneurial spirit that inspires you to find innovative solutions and strategies.
- You enjoy solving problems and improving processes and take initiative to do these things in periods of ambiguity and change.
- You have a strong interest in business strategy and marketing but what you’re really passionate about is the creators and backers who use our platform and the creative work they come together to bring to life.
- You can conduct advanced analyses in spreadsheets using advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- You have experience performing analyses and creating dashboards and visualizations with business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau as well as managing data in product and marketing analytics tools such as Amplitude and Braze. Experience working in SQL and dbt — or interest in learning — is a plus, but not required.
- You have strong project management skills and can work cross-functionally with colleagues and external partners to assess needs, document requirements, and design and implement new tools and processes.
- You’re comfortable working remotely, using tools like Zoom, Slack, Google Docs, Confluence, Jira, and Miro to collaborate with colleagues all over the world both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Experience working with a multi-sided marketplace, creative organization, nonprofit, or public benefit corporation is a plus.
What You'll Enjoy
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.