Senior Brand Partner, Tumblr (East) Worldwide
Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need intelligent, low ego, people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr is looking for a Sales Director/Senior Brand Partner to join our re-established direct sales team.
As part of the Brand Partnerships team, you will activate agency and client direct relationships to identify new users of Tumblr advertising products, educating them on Tumblr and the full suite of Tumblr’s publishing tools, advertising and sponsorship opportunities. As an early member of our growing team, you will also be a critical part of crafting our story, shaping our culture, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Prospect, qualify and close new advertising campaigns for Tumblr from among the Fortune 500, new emerging brands, and their agencies.
- Provide outstanding consultative sales solutions, leading to effective campaigns, meaningful results, and renewals/up-sells that drive revenue and relationship growth.
- Build, all aspects of and maintain an active sales pipeline through active outreach, networking, and thought leadership.
- Persuasively communicate the Tumblr story and value proposition to both advertisers and brands looking to interact directly with our community to ensure that they provide a user experience that respects and delights Tumblr’s audience.
- Provide thought leadership and act as a Tumblr evangelist in-market.
- Mentor new team members as our organization grows through direct support and as a personal example.
- Help craft Tumblr’s native ads product roadmap, for mobile and in general, by aggregating and sharing client feedback and campaign metrics with cross-functional teammates.
- 5-8+ years of experience in online media sales, working with Fortune 500 companies and advertising agencies.
- Proven experience engaging with senior executives on their marketing strategy.
- Deep relationships within the agency and client direct space.
- Subject matter expertise in social media, branded content, and native advertising landscape.
- User and community – first orientation.
- Demonstrated high achievement against sales targets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passion and patience for building.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Tumblr.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.