Senior Billings/Revenue Analyst Anywhere in US /
Articulate is looking for a “roll up your sleeves” Sr. Billings/Revenue Analyst who embraces the revenue side of accounting with business acumen to join our Finance team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day invoicing and credit card transactions across product lines as well as an integral support partner of the revenue accounting team.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the “order to revenue” subscription SAAS model and the impact on GAAP revenue recognition. You recognize the importance of maintaining data integrity between disparate order, sales, and accounting systems while appreciating the sales cycle and the customer journey in the review of the cash sales/orders process.
A day in the life of the Sr. Billings/Revenue Analyst will include varied deliverables such as: QA data and import of transaction files into the accounting system, electronic issuance of prepaid annual invoices which includes reviews of PO’s and contracts across product lines, and QA, import and reconciliation of credit card suspense accounts. You will partner with receivables/collections management on portal setup/uploads, invoice corrections, and ensuring timely resolution of customer requests and inquiries.
This role will work cross-functionally interacting with Sales, Order Management, Business Solutions, and Corporate Accounting and will work with the Assistant Controller-Revenue and the Revenue Accounting Manager.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for generating accurate daily invoices for 360 and Rise and emailing them to customers via our Intacct accounting system.
- Review, QA, and import daily, weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly order transactional feeds into the accounting system ensuring data and revenue recognition integrity.
- Assist in the international reseller billings process.
- Reconcile credit card suspense accounts and cash settlements between the merchant, ( Stripe), the bank and the accounting system.
- Support the Revenue Accounting Manager in the management of sales tax reconciliations ensuring refunds, adjustments, aborts, chargebacks, and data corrections are captured in the Avalara sales tax system to drive accurate sales tax filings.
- Manage billing portal processes, invoice corrections, and customer communications in the billings/AR inbox.
- Participate in the monthly revenue close process ensuring entries and reconciliations are done in a timely manner with proactive communications with the financial reporting team.
- Provide monthly reconciliation between order/sales systems to drive accurate billing reporting for Finance revenue reporting specifically for new product initiatives.
- Ensure the GAAP revenue on Articulates P&L is accurately stated understanding the impact to the balance sheet - Cash, Deferred Revenue and suspense account management.
- Assist Controller/Assistant Controller Revenue with revenue by state, country, sales channel to facilitate the quarterly sales and income tax process.
- Become a subscription management/accounting system expert, able to digest and communicate system changes needed to process cash sales/revenue.
- Support the revenue accounting team prepare for audit readiness specifically for revenue recognition, ASC606 -revenue and commissions.
- Revenue analysis of large data sets to report on transactional trends, subscription behaviors, OMT cost of revenue, impact of early renewals/prepaids on deferred revenue.
- Assist in Sales and income tax audits Support Commission calculations and compliance with ASC606
What you should have:
- 5–7 years of progressive billing and revenue experience in a domestic and international subscription/SaaS business environment.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Experience with e-commerce/credit card sales merchants and settlement processes.
- Organized in actions and thought able to multi-task and work productively from home.
- An Excel guru; able to analyze and reconcile large data files utilizing V-lookups, Pivot tables, reconciling 2-3 data systems.
- Accounting system expertise with hosted accounting systems in support of subscription/SaaS such as Intacct, NetSuite.
- Experience with domestic state and Int’l sales tax/GST/VAT filings to include system reconciliations such as Avalara
- Experience with CRM/Sales Order systems such as Salesforce or Chargebee.
- An agile thinker able to understand rules of engagement while managing exceptions in support of business growth.
- Critical thinker balancing attention between the details with big picture communications and understanding and questioning all financial drivers.
- Effective communicator, highly collaborative, able to work cross-functionally as a business partner especially with Sales, Success, Order management, Business Solutions. and FP&A.
- Able to juggle simultaneous tasks while managing many communication tools such as Google mail, Slack and Zoom.
- Able to operate within the company’s directives of being a thoughtful, agile, trustworthy doer.
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.