Senior Backend Web Developer - Browser Experience Remote (US, UK or Canada) /
Over 90,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Come help us build the future of 1Password in the browser! ✨
As a Senior Backend Web Developer on the Browser Experience team, you will be tasked with helping to implement new features, resolve issues, and help to push the extension further.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, US and UK.
What we're looking for:
- A solid understanding of Web technologies like TypeScript
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and how to work around the quirks of different browsers
- Experience with Rust is a plus!
- Excitement to tackle new challenges and propose solutions to problems at hand
- Comfortable working with a team to develop new features, from proof of concept to shipping product
- The ability to manage your schedule and deliver projects on time while working remotely
What you can expect in your first month:
- Meet and get to know your team and how it fits within the rest of the organization
- Become familiar with the tools and processes that 1Password uses
- Acquire an advanced understanding of the 1Password architecture and how it keeps user data safe and secure
- Investigate and solve minor issues to learn the applications’ architecture
- Become familiar with the codebase and future goals of the product
- Participate in planning and feature development
- Review other developers code, ensuring it’s understandable and aligns with our standards
What you can expect by month 3:
- Help to plan, develop, and ship new features with your teammates
- Work independently based on published design and planning specifications
- Critique others’ work and offer constructive suggestions
- Ask and answer questions about your feature from within and outside of the team
- Help diagnose bug reports and help to find resolutions
What you can expect by month 6:
- Architect the codebase for your assigned features
- Foresee issues with APIs before implementation as they pertain to your feature
- Implement from design specifications and provide feedback where necessary
- Assist others when they experience development difficulties
- Lead the development of new features with the help of your teammates
- Continue to upkeep the codebase and ensure that it’s easy to continue building the best 1Password web experience
The browser platform team is building the next generation of industry-leading web extensions for wherever our customers find themselves. Join our team and help build the 1Password experience loved and used by millions!
– Andrew Beyer, Browser Experience Lead
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.