Senior Backend Software Engineer, Marketing Automation - Segment United States
Because you belong at Twilio Segment!
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a Senior Backend Developer on Twilio-Segment’s Personas teams, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and evolve a brand new product, but also to see the rapid adoption of your creation by Twilio-Segment’s 20k+ customers.
This product will face enterprise-scale usage very early in its life cycle. We need to scale right out of the gate. The design challenges are meaty, and you’ll be expected to work closely with design and research to iterate on a fast-changing product.
You will need to understand and articulate the trade-offs between new functionality and stability. You will need to persuade all involved to make the right architectural choices for the long-term technical and financial health of the product.
- 4+ years experience writing production-grade code in Go or NodeJS.
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Strong experience and expertise building API products. We are looking for experience with GraphQL, REST and relational databases.
- Well-versed in concurrent programming.
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, efficient algorithms).
- A highly effective collaborator, you work well with your team and your partners in product and design towards common goals.
- You possess a strong customer focus, because the feedback loop with customers will be very tight!
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: We understand our customers needs and wants so that we can create the platform they need to be successful. We are building a visual programming language for marketers to enable them to better connect with their customers. Our platform must be easy to use and intuitive to help drive their success.
- DRAW THE OWL: We are building a new web experience in Growth Automation from the ground up. Build new features and improve performance, usability, and accessibility.
- BE BOLD: We are all owners of the products we are building, everyone is empowered to drive the product vision forward.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You're empathetic, patient, and love to help your teammates grow.
The Growth Automation team is building a new platform to provide a one-stop shop for marketers to build delightful, personalized customer experiences across any channel based on a single view of the customer. Orchestrate a customer journey and send emails, SMS, push notifications, voice, video, whatsapp, onsite personalization - any channel that the customer prefers most with a relevant message they actually want to see. Our team’s goal is to help Twilio-Segment customers understand, aid, and delight their customers across every first party touchpoint and interaction.
Growth Automation is being built on top of the most sophisticated first party customer data platform in the world. Imagine a platform that can take the hundreds of thousands of messages entering Segment’s pipelines every second, add in a new identity graph, and overlay multiple high speed, realtime and batch databases — and you have the Personas platform. We’ve since built several successful products on top of the Personas platform: Segment Audiences for real time audience management, Segment Traits for computation, and Profile API for real time personalization. Now we are building a growth automation platform.
You can work remotely from any state in the US. We generally work Pacific hours, but the team has members across the country (and some in other countries). Around the world, Twilio-Segment offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
A bit about Segment:
- Recently acquired by Twilio, Segment customers are now able to capture and manage their customer data, and then utilize that data to target thoughtful connections with their customers through all communications channels via Twilio’s platform.
- We started small, have accomplished a lot and have big ambitions.
- We love open source and also support it with paid fellowships and sponsorship.
- People love working at Twilio-Segment.
- We love talking about what we learned in public and in private.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody our values. To learn more about life at Twilio-Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Twilio-Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$132,928 - $166,160
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $145,390
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3062112