Senior Backend Engineer - Remote Canada - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services, including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a remote and talented product development group, and we work in small autonomous teams to create high-quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship and having an impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
We are expanding our Data team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering our suite of products enabling our customers from making informed and automated decisions in managing their software supply chain. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will lead or contribute to designing, developing, and monitoring systems and solutions for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets. You will work in a team made up of Data Scientists and other Software Engineers. While this role is primarily backend focused, it will include some frontend work.
No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's Product organization have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominant state of mind.
- Deep Java backend experience
- Strong knowledge in algorithms and data structures
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada and are currently residing in Canada.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.