Senior Back End Java Engineer - 100% Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members who want to help us change how the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager, and most recently with the Nexus Lifecycle product suite – literally changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you'll do:
- You'll work in one of our data processing teams to create and manage data pipelines.
- You'll work on products that continually ingest data from open-source software components, aggregate, and analyze it.
- You'll deliver data to our customers from which insights can be driven, and decisions can be made to use open-source software components.
- You'll monitor and observe our data ingesting pipelines in a production environment.
- You'll work with data engineers and full-stack developers to deliver the data to our customers.
What skills you'll need:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering, primarily in Java.
- You have knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques (ex: Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (ex: HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience working with queues and pipelines (ex: SNS, SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with big data cloud services (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure, ..).
- While these skills are essential, we would love to chat with you even if you do not have all of them.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.