Senior Art Director, Culture United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Art Director, Culture!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to maintain brand consistency across Twilio’s internal & external cultural communications. The Art Director 4, Culture role will align creative vision, consistently express brand nuance, and inspire cultural evolution across digital, print, product, video, and experiential mediums.
The Core Creative - Brand Marketing team creates meaningful moments for current and future customers, showing the importance of human connection in a noisy digital world. Our dispersed, global team builds our brand through elevated content with engaging, high quality design. We set a creative and aspirational global standard for all Twilions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conceptualize creative design work Lead visual concept development and ideation for all Twilio Internal Culture touchpoints. Execute your vision across a wide range of mediums including graphic design, illustration, video, events, swag, campaigns, and photography.
- Demonstrate exemplary Creative leadership & Core Brand ambassadorship through a deep understanding of brand nuance, systems, and sub-brand hierarchies. You can deftly manage brand expression through multiple communication channels, weaving interconnected stories that truly celebrate a brand language.
- Collaborate closely with creative peers including writers, lead designers, creative producers, or directors. Lead by example as a collaborator, taking direction to make a shared vision come to life.
- Cultivate cross-functional partnerships through exceptional art direction of internal and remote teams, agencies, and talent. Foster inclusive, exploratory communication with Culture teams from Workplace and Recruitment Marketing to Employee Resource Groups, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion teams and Employee Experience.
- Navigate concurrent projects with aggressive timelines, without compromise. You learn fluidly, while delivering projects, and thrive in a dynamic environment. Operate as a subject matter experts to define scope, skill set, and tools needed to make them real.
- Innovate through a mindset of creative problem-solving. As plans change and new requirements arise, you’ll embrace the challenge with a fresh perspective.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Developed creative design perspective promoting high-level creative execution, graphic design fundamentals, brand cohesion, Accessibility, and human-centered design.
- Experience building and working from creative briefs. Comfortable taking the lead on projects, writing and shaping creative briefs, leading concept and ideation, timeline management and creative execution. Confident working with stakeholders, providing multiple viable solutions, articulating tradeoffs, and leading design direction.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills. This role relies on articulating concepts with skill, navigating constructive critique, and facilitating others to do their best work. You can transform abstract and artful, into tactical and actionable. You have the ability and willingness to converse, explain, and engage in a dialog about creative ideas.
- In-house/agency brand team or extensive brand building experience. Delighted by conversations exploring the facets of being ‘on Brand’. Experienced in brand infrastructure and expression across mediums and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience partnering and art directing remote teams, agencies, and talent. Understands the value of collaboration and creative partnership for building remarkable moments. Invites curiosity into creative dialogue.
- A multi-faceted creative communicator: as comfortable with physical exhibition design vocabularies, as they are with digital environments. Can work from print to screen, banners to icons, words to t-shirts. Inspired by the creative challenge of telling a story in never-before-seen ways.
- Strong proficiency in team working tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, etc.
- 4-6+ years of diverse experience in the design field
- Experience representing a culture team is a plus!
This role will be remote, and based in the United States.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $99,360 - $124,200.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4224311