Senior Architect, Service Standards United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Architect to be a key leader in driving the evolution of our service standards and practices across the entire company. This role will work across functions including legal, security, engineering, product and sales to drive evolving our technology vision and strategy into the future. This role requires excellent technical skill, operational expertise, coaching skills, and an ability to influence many teams in our diverse organization. Reporting to the VP of Architecture, this position is critical and will help Twilio maintain its focus on customer trust through system design, standardization, and guidance to ensure our experiences to meet our high customer expectations.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross functional technical initiatives. They also have:
- Must have the ability to architect in complex cloud microservices environment in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, consistency, and data integrity requirements
- Deep experience at scale with various modern cloud technologies and microservice devops best practices
- Experience with complex microservice architecture and proven ability to bridge the gap between product requirements and platform prioritization
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to help up level our engineering teams
- Strong experience improving quality and operational processes
- Demonstrated track record of influence and inferring requirements from multiple stakeholder groups with differing needs - preferably multiple business lines
- Operational experience: demonstrated ability to deliver fault tolerant, high available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments
- Ability to articulate and present vision to both technical and non technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience
As an Senior Architect, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale distributed systems.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with other Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
Trust is the number one priority at Twilio. Architects at Twilio set the standard for engineering excellence across the entire company. They work on our hardest problems to build high quality systems aligned to our business needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $234.480,00 - $322.410,00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2626810