Senior Animator/Illustrator Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We’re looking for someone to join our design team as a Senior Animator/Illustrator to help us bring illustrations and other visual content to life in our marketing and support videos.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, from brand spots to shareable social loops, to educational videos and more. Reporting to the design studio lead, you’ll be a key member of the team and collaborate with in-house illustrators and designers to compose, illustrate, animate and optimize graphic, video and playable advertisements for 1Password.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your animation and illustrative capabilities.
- BA/BS degree in animation, illustration, graphic design, media arts, or related field.
- 5+ years working in animation with demonstrated illustrative experience, ideally within an agency environment.
- Experience working from storyboards or static illustrations to complete animation assignments on deadline.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Bonus points for Cinema 4D.
- An attitude of excellence and quality in your work, balanced with timely delivery of content in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- As this is a remote role, the ability to be self disciplined, manage time and push for delivery when needed.
- Excitement about creative trends, styles, and processes within animation.
- Hunger for continuous learning and improvement.
What you can expect by month 1:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with 1Password’s illustration, animation, and motion content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on tasks that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs from team leads and creating illustrations and animations as needed. These projects may have tight deadlines.
- Start expressing your own creative voice: you’ll get the opportunity to give your own creative input and suggest content we should be creating in the future.
What you can expect by month 6:
- You’ll be fully up to speed and a key part of the design and video teams, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their quality forward to create even better content.
- As you grow into the role, you’ll be offering constructive feedback to peers on the team and helping them grow and develop alongside you.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.