Senior Analyst, Tax Technology United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Analyst, Tax Technology to be a key contributor in the development of the technology infrastructure for the Twilio tax department and to broadly support the data needs of the various tax sub-groups.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in tax technology and process automation. They also have:
- 3 years of tax department experience or public accounting, preferably in SaaS/PaaS or telecommunication industries.
- BS in Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science, or other equivalent experience is required; MSA or MBA preferred.
- Strong experience with common tax technology software and languages, including Alteryx, Tableau, Python, SQL, and Excel; CPA and relevant technology certifications preferred.
- Skills and experience around organization, documentation, and version control with a strong aptitude to solve problems independently.
- Understanding of relational database schemas.
- Experience with tax engines, such as Avalara, Vertex, SureTax, OneSource, etc is highly preferred; working knowledge of Netsuite or other enterprise scale ERP systems preferred.
- Strong written & oral communication skills who is also enthusiastic and displays an owner mentality.
As a Senior Analyst, Tax Technology, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WRITE IT DOWN: Document existing processes, record requirements from end users, and provide solutions with documentation that can be easily understood and followed by the end users.
DRAW THE OWL: Leverage all available resources to find innovative solutions to existing problems and develop dynamic designs that will still be useful as the environment evolves.
BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Recognize opportunities in the status quo and recommend solutions to improve the efficiency, reliability, and accuracy of our processes.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Gather information from our tax department coworkers to best understand their needs so that we may deliver the best possible results to support their deliverables and improve their quality of life.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Be responsive to the needs of the group and realistic about timelines and priorities. Discuss with the tax technology team how to best pursue each objective.
The tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and ensuring that Twilio is compliant with its tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be remote in the US or located in any of our US Twilio offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944.00 to $103,048.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576.00 to $90,167.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3113052