Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance San Francisco, CA (HQ)
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Strategic Finance team, with a specific focus on GitHub’s Sales-Serve Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR). The successful candidate will work directly with business partners and members of our Sales leadership team to forecast the ARR of GitHub’s Sales-Serve products, and set bi-annual sales targets. We’re looking for organized thinkers who can juggle multiple projects and be responsible for key growth initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a small team helping to scale a high growth SaaS business.
- Planning & Measuring. Plan the financial trajectory of GitHub’s Sales-Serve products. Determine growth rates by product, examine customer trends, and set global and geographic specific targets to achieve them.
- Strategic Insights & Forecasting. Embrace new information and proactively look for ways to better understand business performance. Leverage new information to help improve forecasting.
- Reporting & Communication. Contribute directly to the company’s financial plan and global sales targets, and drive monthly reporting packages to GitHub leadership. Regularly communicate and collaborate with senior business partners. Surface the performance of key financial and operational metrics to business stakeholders.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Work Experience: 3+ years of relevant work experience, for example previous experience in FP&A at a Technology company, investment banking/research, or Venture Capital / Private Equity. Direct experience forecasting ARR is a major plus.
- Technical Experience: Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets. Experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Business Intuition: Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Communication Skills: Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences.
- Self-Starter Mentality: Proactive thinker looking to build processes that scale.
- Interpersonal Skills: Build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Location: San Francisco, CA; or remote (US/Canada only).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3527884