Senior Analyst, Product Partnerships Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
Every day, hundreds of millions of people rely on Mozilla and our flagship browser, Firefox, to explore and develop for the Internet. Mozilla helps people to safely discover the world online as well as create new experiences on desktops, smartphones, tablets, in-home devices and even in virtual and augmented reality, all while respecting their privacy and agency. This is a critical time of opportunity and growth at Mozilla that is coinciding with a telling inflection point for the market in general. Are you excited to take on big challenges to make the user experience of the Internet meaningfully better? Are you comfortable challenging assumptions and the status quo to advocate for better products and services?
Mozilla is looking for an experienced Senior Analyst who will provide financial, data aggregation, diligence and synthesis support to business and strategic development activities. As Mozilla expands its existing markets and explores new markets, the Senior Analyst will play a critical role. The successful candidate is independent, analytical, and intellectually curious and can source information, work collaboratively, structure analyses, and articulate findings to a range of business partners, including leadership across the organization.
Mozilla’s unique brand promise and market position give rise to a number of new opportunities, and your role will be to help us find, evaluate, and support GTM execution of these ideas.
What you'll do
- Bring an understanding of the capabilities of our products, our business models, the dynamics of our industry, and the needs of our customers to your work
- Partner across functions (e.g., Product and Engineering, User Research and Marketing, Data Science, Finance) to help identify and pursue new product, service, and market expansion opportunities, including sizing the opportunity, building the go-to-market approach and helping to define the strategy for each
- Participate as a financial leader during due diligence on partnership opportunities, including evaluation of prospects' and partners’ financial and operating data for incorporation into assessments and recommendations
- Build operational financial models for partnership opportunities, perform financial analysis/develop core success metrics
- Assist with presentations and pre-reads
- Support transaction, valuation and due diligence processes, as needed
- Analyze industry trends and competitive landscape, including the evaluation of new markets and opportunities. Deliver insightful, fact-based recommendations to management. Update existing documents and manage internal databases accordingly. Compile and synthesize information and data
- Work with primary and secondary data and research to inform product and market needs and support new business initiatives, as BD partners with product teams
- Build and establish relationships with our research providers and investment partners to develop more nuanced insights and custom reports
- Help to lead the first wave of execution for these business priorities
- 4-6+ years of analytical experience in management consulting, equity research, investment banking, private equity, and/or a corporate development, strategy, or planning & analysis role
- Thought partner to business leads, developing narratives and analytical documents for business performance, projections, and insights to inform senior leader decisions
- Experience working in consumer technology, mobile and/or emerging technology sector
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, capable of breaking down highly complex problems and large amounts of data, and synthesizing them to inform a financial model and a coherent strategy
- Deep modeling capabilities which includes working with Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools and other financial systems. You should be a power-user of Excel, capable of building robust and detailed financial models
- Familiarity working with external databases to drive analysis, experience in writing SQL queries and retrieving data from relational databases.
- Product development, product marketing, and/or business development exposure / experience preferred
- Able to: translate results and options via clearly-communicated presentations to senior management, influence decisions, reason logically (fluency in Powerpoint)
- Experience with corporate finance and valuation practices, familiarity with accounting and financial planning practices and requirements a plus.
- Naturally curious with a demonstrated ability to be proactive and self starting
- Proven work ethic founded on a desire to exceed expectations in fast-paced or ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; listens attentively and speaks professionally
- Systems problem solver, with ability to both see the big picture and master the details
- Analytical, thorough, and highly organized
- Sound business judgment with the ability to empower colleagues and collaborate effectively to help influence senior leadership
- Values a "speed wins" approach
- Excited to grow professionally, acquire new skills, knowledge, and information.
- BS/BA Finance, Economics, or a related field preferred, pre-MBA path a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2318448