Senior Analyst, Field Operations, Sales Strategy & Analytics United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented, resourceful, and high-integrity Senior Analyst to pioneer our Field Operations sub-team on Sales Strategy & Analytics (SSA). SSA provides strategic and analytical support to Twilio’s Chief Revenue Officer, Sales Leaders, and COO. This role will provide critical operational support across the global sales organization.
You have a demonstrated track record of excellence in sales operations, cross-functional teamwork, business judgment, and communicating and coordinating across all levels of the organization. You will act as a management consultant helping Twilio to clarify fast-moving strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges. We're looking for someone who:
- Thrives at complex and structured strategic thinking, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Works cross-functionally to build new business processes or improve existing processes
- Is highly detail oriented and ensures all work is completed thoroughly and accurately
- Can rapidly and intimately develop command of sales team motivations and incentives.
- Will become a trusted business partner to Sales and Go-To-Market leadership, and play a critical role scaling the company’s rapidly growing go-to-market organization.
- Is deeply experienced (if not fluent) with the tools of our trade: Salesforce, Google office suite.
- Has 4+ years relevant experience in sales operations, strategy consulting, business analysis, and/or the software industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience.
Above all, you live Twilio’s Values.
The Field Operations role will assist SSA Business Partners in executing critical change management activities in support of Sales Account Executives (AEs). This role requires a high amount of interaction directly with the sales team in understanding requests such as territory or AE role changes to ensure proper execution of associated process, data, and systems updates, as well as a high degree of judgment to make recommendations to AEs and sales leaders on the implementation of Sales “Rules of Engagement”, especially in relation to exception handling and disputes on account and opportunity ownership.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our sales regions, territories, AEs, and their objectives and concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Act as an enabling business partner to your teammates and Twilio’s global sales leaders and managers.
- BE BOLD: Recommend and advocate for enforcement of rules, but also for exceptions where judgment and careful consideration are required. Analytical and strategic thinking are a must, but you’ll also need to get your hands dirty to drive real, sustainable impact.
- DRAW THE OWL: Establish new business processes where you identify they are needed, or improve current business processes that are not working.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Project-manage critical change management efforts in a fast moving environment. You will collaborate closely with business owners across teams, draw insight from your work, and then zoom out to develop compelling recommendations. You’ll need to communicate your recommendations to senior executives, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and manage the ongoing impact of your recommendations.
The Sales Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior Go-To-Market leadership to illuminate the business and guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2333427