Senior Accountant United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting organization as we scale for current and future growth and carry out the overall Finance & Accounting mission. We strive for an effective and efficient financial reporting environment. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
Twilio’s Accounting team is a well-rounded group who work closely with each other and leaders across the various groups within the company. You will be a critical part of the Project Management Office and will be successful if you have the following:
- 3+ years at a fast growing software or IT company with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; 2 + years public audit experience (Big 4 experience a plus) with a CPA is highly preferred.
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and project manage multiple innovations across teams, as well as work independently with limited required direction.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to persuade management and also be an excellent team player.
- Ability to set objectives and drive results while displaying the aptitude for continuous improvement and process redesign.
- Successful track record of accountability and excellence in work performed.
- Experience with large ERP system (Oracle/SAP) and other general accounting applications preferred.
As a Senior Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Simplify and clearly communicate objectives/requirements for process improvements.
- BE AN OWNER: Perform monthly tasks related to consolidations and reporting to management.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist management with projects related to ERP implementation and M&A Integration.
- DRAW THE OWL & BE BOLD: Partner with teams across the organization to drive the implementation and adoption of new technologies and processes
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and coordinate across teams within Twilio. Assist the Accounting function with Internal Controls management.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty and data driven actions.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2391685