Senior Accountant Remote / USA /
We are looking for a Senior Accountant that has an aspiration for taking a significant part in the Finance and Accounting department operations by managing daily accounting tasks, preparing monthly and annual reconciliations, keeping the books clean and helping grow the company.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2021 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group. We earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. In 2021, we also gained our third patent for materials-specific ML technology. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have employees across the country including the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Accountant who is well-versed in accounting tasks such as communicating with vendors, banks, and employees, processing bills and approving expenses, helping with running payroll and closing books. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of GAAP, demonstrates a high level of self-motivation with excellent organizational and communication skills, and is passionate about efficiency and automation. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional who enjoys responsibility and prospers in a dynamic environment.
- Lead daily relationships with banks, including purchasing and making payments in foreign currency, and posting bank transactions on the accounting books
- Managing a corporate credit card program and its integration with a T&E system
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection, processing, approval, and payment of vendors’ and consultants’ bills in accordance with the company’s policies
- Analyze cash spending, prepare management cash reports
- Approve expense reports and ensure compliance with the company’s policy; Support payroll processing for employees in the US and overseas
- Support workforce expansion to new states and to new countries
- Assist with on-boarding of new hires
- Ensure compliance with time reporting and other government contract requirements
- Post monthly JE and prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned areas of responsibilities (bank, credit cards, payroll, prepaid/accrued expenses, deferred rent, equity, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of yearly closings and audits
- Evaluate and lead the implementation of new payable automation and a T&E system
- Improve efficiencies, share policies and procedures with employees
- Assist with monthly and ad hoc financial reports, budgeting, and other projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of full GL accounting experience with AP, AR, bank reconciliations, payroll, month-close, and financial reporting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, CPA, or on a CPA track is a plus
- Knowledge of government contract accounting and FAR regulations is a plus
- Hi-tech industry and SAAS revenue recognition experience is a plus
- Experience with payroll processing and benefits reconciliation with health providers
- Experience working with international subsidiaries, remote employees, and contractors overseas
- Highly organized with attention to details and accuracy Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute against competing tasks and projects, dead-line oriented
- Proactive, resourceful, and reliable
- Customer service-driven approach to the team
- Extraordinary interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in a high-tech start-up environment
- MS Excel expert
- NetSuite Experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the interview process. Studies have shown that women and underrepresented ethnic minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification listed. Citrine Informatics is invested in creating a diverse, authentic, and inclusive team, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with what you read above, please consider applying regardless!
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$95,000 USD - $125,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4%
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Life and Disability insurance
FSA and HSA plans
Equity options within the company
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Flexible PTO on top of our 17 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
Monthly $75 phone reimbursement
$5,000 annual continuing educational allowance