Senior Accountant Chicago, IL, 60601
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 11 years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 195 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Senior Accountant to the Finance Team. This is an exciting opportunity to own the month end close process and drive efficiencies in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Entering transactions, posting journal entries and preparing financial statements
- Completing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyzing variances to forecast and budget
- Preparing and processing semi monthly payroll
- Owning and maintaining the connector that syncs our billing system data into our ERP
- Preparing monthly and quarterly partner revenue share payments
- Gathering and preparing support for external audits and tax returns
- Other Finance team duties & projects as needed
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Customer service oriented: You are willing and able to provide the highest level of service to our internal and external customers, assisting with answering questions, ad hoc reporting, and resolution of any issues.
- Eager to improve: Consistently looking to make processes more efficient; a desire to invest in personal skills development and growing your knowledge of the business
- Flexible: We operate very efficiently with a small team - you will need to be able to quickly switch priorities and re-prioritize tasks and projects effectively. You are also willing to assist others when necessary
- Highly collaborative: Your work will support every area of the business; you enjoy and seek out opportunities to partner with colleagues across all departments and all levels of the business.
- A person of mature integrity: You will be privy to sensitive/confidential information on all Hireology employees, and we expect you to always act with the highest level of maturity, professionalism, and tactfulness.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Here are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting concentration preferred
- 2+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- CPA, or pursuing CPA, highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- NetSuite or other large ERP experience is a plus
A few benefits of working at Hireology:
- Unlimited paid time off / mental health days
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Award-winning culture
- External learning budget
- Home office stipend
- Stock options
- Amazing growth opportunities.. and more!
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hireology.com/hireology2/931631/description