Senior Accountant, COGS United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Accountant to be a key contributor on our COGS team. The person in this role will participate in all aspects of the COGS close process, process improvement projects, and collaboration with our internal partners and stakeholders. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this position will be critical in helping the team meet crucial accounting deadlines and help scale processes as the Company grows.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment, problem solving and the ability to meet deadlines. They also have:
- 3+ years of accounting/finance experience including experience in public accounting with B.S. in Accounting/Business Administration or the equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and SOX.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excited to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team.
- CPA license or working toward their CPA.
- Experience working with NetSuite is highly preferred.
As a Senior Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document business procedures as processes evolve, and document learnings from meetings and interactions with various groups.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new processes as the business continues to change and critically analyze variations from expectations.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of COGS, including close, process improvement projects, stakeholder meetings, and product analysis.
- DON’T SETTLE: Challenge existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Spend the time to deeply understand our stakeholders and solve problems from their perspective.
The COGS team is central to Twilio's continued growth. As Twilio continues to grow, so do the associated costs. We work closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to cost and analyze our products. Producing accurate costing will ultimately help management make better decisions.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2335225