Senior Account Manager United States
Company: Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Account Manager to help us add new accounts and deepen existing relationships through successful client engagements. This is a growth oriented role that works alongside other Account Managers on the Business Development team.
The Senior Account Manager plays a key role in the sales process, advocates for the client during projects, and provides account strategy for the entire client relationship. You will lead a team of experts to understand the needs of qualified prospects, differentiate us among competitors, and develop winning proposals. During projects, the Account Manager is the counterpart to the Professional Services team’s Project Manager, and ensures client success. The Account Manager owns the account across a variety of engagements. You will oversee our team's "one account, many relationships" approach. You’ll bring in experts at opportune times to cross-sell our services. You’ll share industry news, case studies, and new techniques to deepen our relationship and position us higher on the strategic spectrum.
We are not a “salesy” organization. We need someone who naturally exudes confidence, is friendly and articulate in all forms of communication, and, above all, genuine.
We are consultative. We’re looking for someone who can collaborate with our clients to deeply understand their needs. Knowledge of the account and project management processes for web and development projects is a must.
We are collaborative. This is a salaried position, not commission-based. It’s critical to work well with our clients, the business development team, and our production team throughout the entire lifecycle of a client relationship, from the sale, through launch, and for years to come.
- Build relationships with potential clients during the sales process.
- Understand client’s goals, “change the conversation” to differentiate Four Kitchens, and guide proposals to win new work.
- Collaborate on writing compelling proposals with the VP of Business Development and an interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinate new project cost and time estimates with the production team.
- Create and deliver pitches and presentations.
- Ensure a seamless handoff from sales to the production team.
- Establish the discovery workshop strategy and attend on-site workshops.
- Lead risk assessment and project retro meetings with clients.
- Negotiate client sign-off on needs assessments, feature requirements, and the project plan.
- Lead our team’s efforts to identify and address project issues with the client.
- Serve as the point of escalation for client issues during projects and at the account level.
- Direct strategy of assigned key accounts.
- Write contracts and SOWs.
- Develop engagement calendar to maintain regular check-ins throughout the year to discuss next steps, cross-selling opportunities, and industry news.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to plan and deliver relevant content to maintain and deepen client engagement in between projects.
- Track account satisfaction levels and watch website analytics.
- Develop digital strategy roadmap for key accounts and upsell or cross-sell into it.
- Travel to pitches and client meetings.
- Travel for city visits to meet clients, prospects, and partners.
- Attend major events in our industry and in our client’s industries to develop contacts, sell our services, and develop industry knowledge.
- At least three years of account or project management experience in the web or tech industry.
- Knowledge of the web design and development process.
- Experience defining strategies to achieve client or internal company goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills. You must be an active listener and problem-solver.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Deep interest in the web, technology, and design.
- A drive to win new accounts and deepen business relationships.
- Perpetual curiosity about new people, organizations, technologies, and services.
- A diverse perspective and a willingness to share that perspective with our team.
- Industry experience and networks in some of our target verticals.
- Web analytics and digital marketing experience.
- Annual salary of $80,000 to $90,000, depending on experience, plus benefits.
- Generous paid time off. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually.
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- 100% remote workforce.
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid option for medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech stipend to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you'll join us!
How to apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why! We are all about content, and we work with content-driven organizations. If you are a content person too, tell us about it.
Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.