Secure Systems Operator United States
Architect and Operator for server systems in a very security focused context in the Operations team. Analysis of systems for common vulnerabilities, from insecure configuration to remote code execution through memory corruption.
About the Role:
Can you run a system exposed to the Internet but secured from all the darkness out there? Can your knowledge of security break into the systems others on your team set up, and gain persistent access without them noticing? Then come join the Operations team in CrowdStrike Intelligence!
You will use your extensive knowledge of Windows, Linux, UNIX and BSD server systems to setup and maintain secure systems. But it's never only about defense: challenge your peers and attack their systems and demonstrate persistent access and covert exfiltration bypassing their defenses (after coordinating a viable test window). You will use Python and Shell scripting to automate maintenance and other tasks around these systems. Documentation is key and you are able to write detailed documentation and threat analyses around these systems.
- Integrate into the existing Intelligence team and take requirements from team members and other teams as internal customers.
- Autonomously develop requirements based on anything from vague mission statements to very detailed technical specifications.
- Implement system management and system health monitoring components in languages such as Python or Shell scripting, making choices about implementation specifics yourself.
- Deploy and secure Windows, Linux, UNIX and BSD server systems.
- Change roles and perform penetration testing and security assessment on others' systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent field experience considered.
- 4+ years experience preferred with direct experience either as a systems administrator or security researcher.
- Very proficient in the Python and Shell scripting programming languages with at least 3+ years experience developing production code in these languages.
- Very extensive Windows, Linux, UNIX and BSD server experience including experience securing installations from a system and network perspective.
- Ability to communicate technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Work experience in security relevant and hostile network environments.
- Proficiency in the C and C++ programming languages.
- Proficiency in various machine level assembly languages, such as x86, ARM and MIPS assembly.
- Experience from Information Security Capture-the-Flag competitions or comparable offensive information security experience.
- Offensive mindset to put yourself in an attacker's shoes.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/oaKa8fwW