Search - Frontend Design Engineer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Swiftype is a growing team of talented search engineers and experts with a range of experiences and backgrounds. We’re looking for self-motivated and resourceful individuals who will help us continue delivering exceptional service to customers. As a Front End Web Developer at Swiftype, you will collaborate closely with our Design and Engineering teams to bridge the gap between visual design and implementation.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
- Deep knowledge of HTML and CSS (we use Sass). You should have experience writing clean, semantic, and responsive code that works across popular browsers and devices.
- Strong attention to detail. You will be responsible for pixel-perfect implementation of designs.
- Experience gathering requirements from design tools like Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
- Experience using browser tools to test, profile, and debug modern web applications.
- Experience using Git and working from the command line.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for user experience and crafting intuitive interactions on the web.
- Exposure to MVC frameworks, like Ruby on Rails and Django.
- Experience with DHTML, mouse trailers, and HotScripts.com strongly desired.
- Experience working with popular CMSes, like Wordpress and Craft.
- Experience working with REST/JSON APIs.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1540782