Scrum Master Fishers, IN
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
We’re looking to hire a Scrum Master as we expand the use of scrum methodology within our growing product and engineering cross-functional teams. Every day you’ll work closely with your scrum team/s to answer questions like; How is my product owner doing? How is my team doing? How are our engineering practices doing? How is the organization doing? So yes, you’re at the center of everything. You are the true definition of a servant leader and take pride in coaching others in scrum.
What You’ll Do:
This person is responsible for delegating tasks appropriately, encouraging collaboration, and coordinating the correct deliverables in a timely manner.
How You Will Succeed:
- Lead the scrum team in understanding Agile principles and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments at the individual, team, and organizational levels and coach the scrum team on self-organizing to remove their own impediments
- Help the scrum teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity and increase velocity over time
- Support the team and provide education where needed
- Support the team in building, communicating, and maintaining the scrum artifacts
- Support the team in coordinating all scrum events
- Able to coach and influence organizational leadership in scrum practices to help shield the team from unnecessary distractions.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master in software development
- Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance or similar certifying body
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum practices.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Competent using JIRA for Scrum process management and reporting
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Ability to anticipate impediments for the team before the team encounters them, and solve the root cause
- Proven track record of making process and velocity improvements through Kaizen retrospectives
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000 (USD)
This position is available via remote work or based out of one of our two office locations (Indianapolis, IN, or Colorado Springs, CO).
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!