Scientific Business Development (based in the US- East Coast Preferred) Acorn AI Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 20,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
Acorn AI is looking for individuals who will help us work with our clients to identify and tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform, data, and advanced analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding, advocating, and demonstrating how our analytics solutions can help pharmaceutical R&D scientists, informatics, RWE, and clinical operations staff. At Acorn AI, we never work alone. This role will partner with all internal functions including Product Teams, Delivery, Engineering, Partnerships and Biostatistics. Successful candidates will understand the pharma R&D process, data and technology, and have an entrepreneurial spirit that drives them to want to help improve outcomes for patients globally.
The successful team members will:
- Work as part of the Acorn AI Commercial and/ or Scientific Support team to identify, develop and close business, and expand the use of Acorn AI’s products and solutions in the US and EU territories, focusing on our Intelligent Trials and Integrated Evidence solutions.
- Act as “the voice of Acorn AI” in customer meetings, matching business needs with the right products and analytic solutions
- Help launch new products and solutions, bringing customer feedback to product and product marketing colleagues
- Professionally prepare for meetings, document outcomes, vision and proposals for use with executives
- An entrepreneurial drive and passion to leverage informatics and analytics technologies to help improve the discovery and development of medicines that lead to improved patient outcomes
- A strong understanding and comfort level discussing the pharma R&D process and related data.
- A successful track record of negotiating life sciences R&D partnerships and commercial agreements (for Business Development focused team members).
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to meet needs of internal and external customers
- The ability to influence key internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team
- Willingness to travel (when we all start travelling again!)
Your Education and Experience:
- A degree in a life sciences discipline
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical R&D process
- Strong data, analytics, and informatics background
- 5+ years exceptional track record selling, or supporting the sale of, data / analytics solutions in pharma
- Ability to anticipate challenges and mitigate them proactively
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and thrive in a matrixed environment
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/ovT6gfwu