Sales Strategy Business Partner- Cloud Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we are seeking an exceptional sales operations professional to drive all sales strategy, planning, reporting, and analysis efforts to help amplify our cloud business. This role will provide the analysis needed to advance our understanding of the cloud business, provide recommendations to improve the opportunity ahead while balancing risk, and help facilitate executive decision-making. This person should bring a passion to evolve our analysis and sales process while working seamlessly across Field Operations, Product Management, Marketing and Finance to grow and scale the Elasticsearch Service.
What you will be doing:
- You will own all Cloud related critical metrics (e.g. bookings, transactional velocity, ASP, conversions to and from trials, customer acquisition and churn, net expansion, standard to premium conversions, etc).
- Drive the Cloud forecast, along with monthly actual to plan variance analysis to provide an understanding of the deltas and drivers.
- You will build and lead a self-service metered model and review monthly/annual contracts for expansion/churn insights.
- Build out and maintain a comprehensive model to measure the dynamics across the sales funnel from website visitors to customer acquisition, bookings, revenue, expense and cash flow.
- You will support territory carving and GTM resource planning to optimize our coverage model across top markets and our incentive comp strategy across all Specialist GTM roles.
- Capture intelligence to provide clear insight into existing Cloud customers and trial prospects in each territory and a path forward for those customers who have expressed interest in evaluating Elastic’s SaaS offerings.
- You will implement early warning systems to help proactively handle the growth of the business (i.e. customer churn, pipeline, conversions, pricing, etc.).
- You will capture market intelligence to benchmark growth, renewal, expansion, and margins / profitability against other cloud businesses.
- Drive strategic initiatives including capacity planning, pipeline management and country- specific go-to- market plans. Work cross functionally to develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments.
- You will provide insight and data points to assist with pricing strategy decisions and sensitivity analysis on margin implications.
What you bring along:
- BS/BA required, MBA a strong plus, but not required.
- 5+ years work experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field in a SaaS/IaaS related role with strong exposure to go-to-market strategy.
- Previous working experience at a cloud provider (AWS, Google, Azure, MongoDB, IBM, etc.) with a deep understanding of the self-service model
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud or web based technologies.
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint). SQL or R experience a strong plus, but not required.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1549426