Sales Engineer Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll help improve sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise and be responsible for assisting the Sales team in achieving sales targets. You will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment; sales experience within cybersecurity/SaaS is an asset
- Ability to popularize technical information for a general audience.
- Superior presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- It’s a bonus if you have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager—while not required, it’ll help you gain confidence quickly in this role.
- Familiarity with the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and of course SaaS.
- Experience working in the security industry is a strong asset.
What you can expect:
- Be the main technical point of contact within 1Password’s go-to-market team.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support.
- Develop competitive analysis sheets to support 1Password’s Sales teams.
- Participate and represent 1Password in major events such as trade shows, conferences, or any industry related events.
- Provide technical coaching and professional development to 1Password’s sales team.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Provide training to customers and staff when needed.
- Prepare proposals and respond to RFIs, RFPs RFQs, and vendor/risk assessments.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.