Sales Engineer - 100% REMOTE UK - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is experiencing dramatic growth, and we are looking to add an experienced, passionate,
and driven Sales Engineer to our EMEA team based out of our London HQ. The Solutions Architect will help prospective customers discover, learn, and implement a DevSecOps approach to increase the speed, security, and quality of their software.
The ideal candidate has outstanding technical acumen, great social skills, and excels in customer
If you have the soft skills to match your technical prowess and thrive in a fast-
moving fast-growing environment, we want to talk to you.
You should feel passionate about working with incredibly smart people and helping them do things better. Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, and DevOps managers. In this role, you will:
What You'll Do:
- Take a consultative approach to understand our customer’s current software development practices and identify opportunities to improve them with Sonatype’s solutions.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their Software Supply Chain and DevSecOps practices using Sonatype solutions.
- Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements, and reference architectures showcasing the value of Sonatype’s Solutions.
- Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Sonatype.
- Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a regional-based sales quota.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Sonatype product management.
- Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences.
- Become a trusted DevSecOps technical advisor to customers and the community.
- Keep on top of the latest trends in the SDLC tooling landscape.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years developing software and/or relevant pre-sales or consulting experience.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC, including VCSs (e.g., git, svn, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), artifact repositories (e.g., Nexus), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, XL Deploy, etc.), container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience performing on-site proof of concepts (POCs) and customer demonstrations
- Ability to express complex technical and functional concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Primarily a remote role but regular trips to the London office are required.
- Great Interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent level of study plus 5 years of experience in the field.
- Experience in application security / DevSecOps is a plus.
- Multi-language skills highly prized (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian).
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.