Sales Development Representative Worldwide
Hi, I’m Lacey, Director of Sales Development at Customer.io. I’m looking for Sales Development Representatives to join our growing Outbound Team.
At Customer.io, our Outbound Team plays a crucial role in the growth of our premium business by prospecting leads in our target market and sending personalized sequences via Outreach with the goal of getting on qualification calls.
You won't necessarily be a data or technical expert, but will be keen to get a good understanding of our product so that you can take a use case and leverage our features to help prospects get on calls with you.
Some things you'll do
- Prospecting: Identify and create an ongoing list of new leads in our target market.
- Outreach: Focus on daily activities such as email, calling, and LinkedIn to connect with your prospect where they are most likely to respond.
- Collaborate with the team to hone and develop new and meaningful outreach strategies.
- Give real-time feedback on outreach learnings and insights with the sales and marketing team.
- You're personable and outgoing
- You're naturally curious and willing to ask questions
- You're always learning whether it's about the product or use cases and how we help our customers and potential prospects
- You're an out-of-the-box thinking and willing to try new and creative approaches to cold outreach
What we're looking for
- Experience with a marketing automation platform
- Previous work for a SaaS company, or understand more technical platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be motivated with a self-starting attitude
- Enterprise prospecting a plus
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 1,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $60,000 USD + OTE depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 6 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
We work hard to build a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow. Diverse teams create better products and stronger companies, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your favorite cold outreach you've received. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We will respond to all applicantswith a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with our Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
30 - 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
30 minute video call with two team leads
Approximately one week to complete a Sales related homework assignment
30 minute final video call with the Hiring Manager
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/customerio/jobs/2438713