Sales Development Representative (SDR) - APJ Region Australia - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision made by modern engineering organizations.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for smart individuals to join our rapidly growing SDR team. Software is at the very core of our lives and our world. From how we bank, shop, socialise and now even how we work. To keep up with the demand, development teams use components of pre-made software (open source) to build software applications - like using pre-made bricks to build a house instead of writing everything from scratch. In 2021, 1.5 trillion open source components will be downloaded, and not every component is secure. At Sonatype, we make sure those open source components are safe to help companies build safer software - fast. Every company in the world builds software this way - the opportunity is huge. This is where you come in.
A key part of our success is a laser focus on generating a sales pipeline by intelligently marketing to enterprise organisations and uncovering opportunities for the field sales teams. We are looking for a high-energy, execution-oriented, and motivated individual to work hand in hand with field marketing, qualify inbound leads, target accounts through outbound campaigns, and identify early-stage opportunities. SDRs play a vital role for Sonatype, closely aligned to field marketing and an instrumental part of generating pipeline.
- Driving attendance and engagement to marketing programs.
- Qualifying MQLs and converting to Sales Accepted Leads (SAL’s) for the field sales team by booking Discovery Calls.
- Approximately 50% inbound and 50% outbound SDR motion for ANZ and ASEAN Regions.
- Developing outbound creative strategies for engaging and nurturing your own prospects using content, email, phone, and social media.
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities, generating qualified leads, and building your own contact database through research and profiling.
- Contributing to conversion and pipeline goals by identifying early-stage opportunities for the sales teams with decision-makers.
- Proactively using contact intelligence technology such as Hubspot, Drift, Zoom, and Outreach to get full insight into a lead’s history and intent before picking up the phone.
- Tuning qualification conversations based on MQL lead source, campaign, seniority, and persona.
- Sharing best practices amongst the SDR team.
- A minimum of 1 year prior SDR, BDR, or SDR experience, preferably within the technology industry.
- Prior experience cold calling and generating new leads.
- Acute attention to detail, and you seek pride in your work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated by individual and team achievement as well as able to operate under minimal supervision.
- Highly organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluent in Mandarin is a plus.
- Are an Australian citizen or have Australian residency.
- Uncapped commission and overachievement incentives.
- Our philosophy is to develop our people and promote from within.
- Successful candidates can expect accelerated career progression into Sales and ManagementRegular Sales Training and development supported by learning paths and Sales Enablement team.
- Working with market leading sales & prospecting intelligence tools.
- Choice of PC or Mac to work on.
- Opportunity to attend our Company Kick Off!
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.