Sales Development Manager Birmingham, Alabama, United States · Sales
As the first Sales Development Manager at Fleetio, you will help ignite and scale our outbound sales efforts with the primary goal of generating qualified leads for our Account Executive team. You'll manage a team of Sales Development Representatives who communicate with potential customers via phone, emails, etc. to develop an interest in Fleetio's software. You'll monitor their activities and coach them to be more successful and effective in their efforts.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
To date, most of our leads are generated from inbound marketing techniques and closed by our inside sales team. As our business continues to scale, we're looking for the right person who can develop and lead our outbound leadgen efforts. This is a key position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead a team of hardworking Sales Development Representatives who are responsible for cold-calling prospects and educating the market about the power of Fleetio, and generating opportunities with net-new customers.
- Develop the team by providing ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring on SDR processes, skills, best practices, and supporting systems & tools.
- Manage individual and team performance, set & track progress indicators, provide ongoing feedback in weekly 1x1s.
- Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to management. Evaluate and find opportunities to improve current processes.
- Build a scaleable hiring process and grow the team by hiring additional SDRs.
- Craft an amazing team culture within the Sales Development Team.
- Align with Company goals and objectives to maximize motivation and results.
- Be a data-driven change agent and contribute strategic input to the business.
- Lead a winning team to overachieve sales quotas.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Opportunity to lead the charge on the next big growth initiative at Fleetio in a massive TAM
- Build a sales development team from the ground up that contributes directly to the future success of the company
- Be a member of the sales management team - developing and fine tuning strategy that spurs growth and generates pipeline
- Results-driven & competitive nature, high energy, activity driven
- Previous cold calling experience required
- 2+ years of sales leadership experience required
- Superb writing, verbal communication, and listening skills; you must understand objections and turn skeptics into believers
- Incredibly organized and efficient, a great project manager
- Familiarity working with enterprise customers, including interacting with C Suite prospects
- Passion for effective leadgen processes and appreciation for its role in a company’s success
- Excited by technology and its ability to make you more productive
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars and engines
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].
Vacancy page : https://fleetio.workable.com/jobs/1111748