Ruby On Rails Developer United States
Litmus provides a suite of email creation, testing and analytics tools, trusted by over 250,000 marketers. We’re a tight-knit team that is passionate about helping the world make email better.
We're looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to help expand our product line, improve our existing products and help build the next generation of Litmus tools, while continuing to provide exceptional support to our growing customer base.
What would I do at Litmus?
A typical day for one of our developers might include:
- Collaborating within our Rails team, and reviewing code to help everyone on the team do their best work.
- Talking with our Design team to figure out the best way to present a new feature to our customers.
- Working with our Product team to understand product and marketing goals, and work out a good path to implementing them.
- Working with our .NET team to integrate with our internal APIs.
- Working with customer support to investigate and fix bugs.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- You have a well-founded understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails. We won't limit to ‘x’ years’ experience, but you should be able to impress us with your app building skills, confident use of Ruby and Rails, and understanding of web development. We're happy to introduce you to the other technologies we use.
- You have product experience. In your work, you think and care about what really matters to customers, and about their experience of our product and company.
- You have good communication skills. As a distributed team, it’s important that we're able to understand each other, through text or the spoken word, and talk at the appropriate level of abstraction. You communicate clearly and with empathy, whether you’re discussing refactoring options with a developer, or working with a designer to understand user experience.
- You write clean, thoughtful code. Our code is the home that we live in every day. You enjoy putting effort into crafting understandable and well-tested code, to make everyone’s shared development experience more enjoyable.
- You are eager to collaborate, learn and teach. Our Engineering team is friendly and supportive of each other, and we look for opportunities to learn from each other’s experience.
Why should you choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Remote friendly culture. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can.
What is the hiring process like?
After receiving your application there a number of stages to our process:
- Initial interview. You’ll get to learn more about Litmus and this role, and we’ll learn a little more about you communicating via Slack.
- Sample project. A time-boxed exercise, around 4 hours, as an example of your best work given the scope and time constraints. Your code, history & resume are anonymized, then passed to the hiring team for review.
- Follow-up interview. You'll meet with two members of our engineering team to discuss the sample project work, decisions made along the way, and other technical topics.
- Final round. Spend a day onsite working on extensions to your sample project at one of our offices, meet some of our engineering leaders & the rest of our Rails team!
Who is Litmus?
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Unfortunately, we don't work with recruiters at this time.