Technical Accounting Manager - Revenue San Francisco
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
The Finance team at Doximity is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager who specializes in Revenue to help optimize our Revenue processes and build our policy documentation repository as we continue to scale. You will report to the Director of Revenue and will be a key and highly visible member of the revenue team, thereby helping to increase transparency around one of the company’s most vital metrics.
In this newly created role, you will initially focus on helping to increase the efficiency and scalability of our revenue processes and systems as well as the depth and breadth of our revenue accounting policies and documentation, including ASC606 evaluation and adoption for a recently acquired subsidiary and assisting the business with launching new products and programs. You will also work cross functionally with sales, legal, and finance business partners to provide negotiation guidance for large enterprise contracts. This is preferred as an SF based role, but given our remote friendly culture even pre-COVID, remote candidates are welcome.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare revenue accounting memos and business process documentation, including strengthening existing ASC606 revenue policy memo and building out additional policy memos as new products and processes emerge.
- Evaluate ASC606 conclusion of former auditors for recently acquired entity and propose and document adoption methodology for Doximity audit firm sign off.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales and legal relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition.
- Develop process for preparation of contract review summaries for completed material or complex transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal policies.
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of company’s ASC606 policy via deal review and analyses related to new products, deal linkages, modifications and SSP calculation.
- Partner with the Director of Revenue and cross functional business partners to identify and deliver upon automation opportunities in the revenue forecasting, change reporting and recognition processes and Salesforce to NetSuite system flows.
- Work closely with external auditors to certify company policies and provide support for annual audit.
- Perform and/or review month end close duties for revenue recognition and prepare relevant journal entries and reconciliations, with a focus on driving efficiencies and seeking out opportunities for process improvement.
- Assist in special projects, such as system enhancements or ad hoc analyses and other duties as appropriate.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 8+ years of revenue accounting experience, with 3+ years of technical revenue accounting experience in subscription revenue, SSP analysis and ASC606
- CPA required; Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Strong focus on customer service
- Effective and efficient communicator via any media (verbal, email, Excel, Keynote, GSuite, etc.) and to the full range of constituencies (c-level execs, peers, vendors, customers, summer interns, etc.)
- Highest personal standard of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Must love growth-company environment and be ready to roll up sleeves. Flexibility is your middle name and change excites you
- Quick learner with ability to multitask, work independently, think critically and problem solve
- Strong systems skills (NetSuite, Salesforce or other comparable financial systems)
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- Generous time-off policy
- Full medical, vision, dental benefits
- 401K, with match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability coverage
- Public transit/parking subsidy
- Generous equipment budget (to support COVID work from home setup)
- Fun activities with Finance and cross-functional teams (virtual during COVID)
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, one of the Fastest Growing Companies for the Fourth Straight Year and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 75% of US doctors (and over 1.5 million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=2222515