Research Scientist - Quantum Physics Switzerland
Company: Demiurge Technologies AG
At Demiurge, your role will be taking a quantum physicist’s first-principles approach to understanding the evolutionarily conserved blueprint of animal brains and to developing Demiurge’s Deep Learning 2.0 architecture that could enable mobile robotic applications under data, space, and power constraints.
- Investigate correspondence between animal brains and quantum many-body systems.
- Formulate functional hypotheses of the first principles of animal brains.
- Develop physics-inspired neuronal units, learning rules and network architecture of Deep Learning 2.0.
- Design benchmark tests and validate hypotheses.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Postdocs in theoretical physics, integrated quantum photonics or a related discipline. Exceptional PhDs will be considered.
- One or more publications on Nature, Science, Cell, Neuron, Nature Neuroscience, PNAS or other high-impact journals.
- One or more years of research experiences on quantum entanglement, correlation function, quantum information theory, quantum gravity, or quantum optics.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- One or more experiences with interdisciplinary research at the intersection of neuroscience, quantum physics and deep learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.