Research Operations Manager Remote (US, UK, Canada or Netherlands) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a Research Operations Manager to join our growing Research team at 1Password to support our continued learning and innovation on our products. We’re a team that’s excited to learn and experiment. We nurture a safe and creative environment where we can continuously grow and produce impactful work.
The ideal candidate is organized, proactive, has a high-degree of attention to detail, is passionate about process optimization and keen on bringing research insights to the rest of the organization in a structured and scalable manner. You have experience with bringing on the right tools, frameworks and process to support researchers in delivering and scaling the impact of the craft across an organization. Your work has the potential of amplifying the impact of the entire Research Team.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada, the UK, the Netherlands and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- A proven ability for identifying areas of opportunity that are business viable, with a high level of feasibility in implementation.
- You are a champion of the development and application of new capabilities, process, frameworks and cutting edge tools to drive business.
- You have a strong attention-to-detail, and are excellent at building and standardizing guidelines, templates and processes with impeccable documentation.
- Experience establishing clear ways of working and SLAs between Research and our key stakeholders.
- Experience with evaluating, onboarding and maintaining research tools.
- A proven ability to effectively partner with and manage research vendor partners.
- Experience maintaining and operationalizing a world-class customer research panel; Have a solid understanding of its key use cases and how to apply it appropriately to various research asks.
- Hands-on experience with a multitude of industry-leading qualitative and quantitative research tools and methodologies.
- Experience with data governance and applying its best practices.
- Experience with creating and maintaining a research repository that is actionable and easily accessible by all 1Password team members.
- Skilled at participant recruitment to ensure high-quality respondents to support user research studies.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Bonus points for:
- Passion for building world-class accessible products and services that work for everyone and know how to deliver research that supports this.
- A demonstrable impact on the direction of a product or service in the past.
- Passion for design-thinking within the product development process, and a keen interest in behavioral biases and triggers.
What you can expect:
- We hope that over time you become an advocate for our customers.
- Help raise the bar for research at 1Password.
- Become a trusted partner to your key stakeholders, and most importantly, become a force multiplier for researchers on the team so we collectively level up how we do research at 1Password.
What you can expect in the first month:
- Familiarize yourself with our past, present, and planned research initiatives.
- Familiarize yourself with current research processes, tools and methodologies utilized by our team.
- Conduct “stakeholder interviews” with current researchers, designers and other key stakeholders to understand areas of opportunity.
- Start to identify knowledge and research tooling and process gaps.
- Learn about the various customer-facing departments and sit in on customer calls to start to develop early understanding of customer pain points.
What you can expect by month three:
- Make connections with research vendor partners.
- Understand existing partnership dynamic and gain context on on-going research work.
- Audit currently participant recruitment methods and suggest improvements.
- Audit the research panel; Develop an on-going panel management strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with Product and Customer Support to produce and socialize the Voice of the Customer program.
- Lead the development of key customer-empathy building initiatives.
What you can expect by month six:
- Improve and maintain the research repository.
- Stand up an accessible platform for socializing research insights.
- Partner with other Researchers on the team to socialize key research learnings within the organization as needed.
- Work with UXRs to develop, innovate and iterate on user testing 'best practices'.
- Provide suggestions/recommendations and actively participate in the on-going improvement of Research practices at 1Password.
- Anticipates 'white space' opportunities for organization; Make research recommendations and participate in 2023 planning.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> 🏦 A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.