Remote Senior Product Manager Houston, Texas /
2022 Team Impact
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with 400 healthcare organizations in 43 states across the country, reaching 10M+ underserved patients.
In the past two years, from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to today, the CareMessage team has risen to the occasion to support a 10x growth in our messaging volume, as well as evolving customer needs- from supporting COVID testing and COVID vaccinations, to filling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity and housing.
As a part of the 2022 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping improve health outcomes at a national scale for the most vulnerable patient populations.
Who we are looking for...
We are looking to hire a Product Manager (PM) who will be responsible for owning the strategy for our customer-facing application. We need a teammate who is a quick learner and a strong communicator with a passion for delighting our customers who support some of the most vulnerable patients in the US. You'll work on a small, diverse, female-led team and report to the VP of Product. You'll work closely with members of Product, Customer Success and Engineering teams to understand our customer's needs and will guide the product development process from ideation to development, allocating resources as needed, and ensuring our product vision is being met.
Who you are...
You are a superb communicator, a self-starter, and have a passion for solving problems that impact our broken healthcare system. You have a track record of being able to deeply understand the products you manage, drive problem prioritization in alignment with your business, and have applied a deep understanding of your users to push forward initiatives that impact product utilization. You are energized by talking with customers and are comfortable interfacing directly with technical stakeholders. Above all, you are empathetic, listen to others, work to understand their needs and effectively communicate your own needs.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Learn the product inside and out
- Build an understanding of our users' needs and healthcare
- Understand the market landscape, key players, and how CareMessage differentiates
- Understand how we evaluate the success of our product
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Work directly with customers and be able to prioritize issues related to our application, integrations, and bugs
- Lead key customer interviews to elucidate new, innovative problems to explore
- Support the work of our Product and Customer Success teams to ensure successful go-to-market strategies that drive product utilization
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Manage the product lifecycle from ideation to launch, working closely with design and engineering to deliver quality product releases
- Drive key company metrics that measure the value we deliver to our customers
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to align product roadmaps with our overall product strategy and vision
- Regularly meet with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Identify and prioritize customer needs and help our team evaluate our product roadmap priorities
- Draft clear and comprehensive product requirement documents (PRDs) to clearly articulate the customer problem we are trying to solve, and how we see our product solving it
- Ensure all product documentation is up-to-date and accessible
- Be the point person on the Product team for answering product-related questions internally
- Help solve resolve customer issues and triage customer feedback
- Collaborate closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success to build and launch products successfully
- Work with other members of the Product team to help set product goals and define success
- Proven growth trajectory as a product manager (2 or more product management levels) at one or multiple organizations, following agile methodology and a human-centered design approach
- Demonstrated ability to self-identify and independently solve problems within a product development team (product, design, and engineering) to improve processes, collaboration, and/or team delivery
- You have an interest in working remotely (Our entire company has been remote since 2019!)
- You have a commitment to building and fostering diversity and inclusion within the teams you have worked with (We have a global team and you will regularly collaborate with people from a variety of walks of life)
This role is currently set at a senior level role, equivalent to someone who has held a handful of Product Management-related roles in the past. Their scope of impact at CareMessage will be within the product team. Our salary allocation for this role is $164,000.
We believe in equal work for equal pay. All team members performing the same role at the same level are paid the same regardless of where they are in the world.
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 10 million underserved patients at over 400 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
9 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off and 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
18 paid company holidays, including a ~5-day mid-year break and a ~5-day end-of-year break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.