Remote Fullstack Developer - PHP/React (Eastern Europe)
MobyMax is an Educational Technology company that creates unique, individualized education plans for students in all K-8 subjects.
Used in over 73% of all K-8 schools in the United States with over 22 million students registered, MobyMax allows students to make tremendous progress while having fun! MobyMax creates global, research-powered curriculums that enable every child to learn twice as fast.
We are looking for talented Full Stack React/PHP developers living in Eastern Europe who want to join our engineering team in building the future of education technology. Moby's engineering team is a critical part of the company, and our veteran developers have been with us for an average of 5.75 years.
The position requires a developer with experience and expertise building modern web applications and mobile web apps using the latest back-end and front-end technology. At Moby we are use a LAMP based tech stack to support over 22 million users giving you the opportunity to solve a variety of challenges at scale.
The position is remote allowing you to work from the comfort of your home, and requires the ability to read, write and speak in English. Our developers work normal business hours EET.
We use Slack for most communication including voice calls so you must have conversational English skills.
Skills & Requirements
- Work for yourself and not for an outsourcing company
- Strong knowledge of PHP for backend work (3+ years experience)
- Experience with an MVC framework (CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Yii, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL (3+ years experience)
- Knowledge of React
- Though not required, experience with Python, Golang, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, or Redis may come in useful at times!
- Strong English skills (written and verbal)
- Work from home
- A computer that is not older than 3 years
- High speed internet
- Clear microphone / headset.
- Willing to work full time, ~40 hours per week
- Work approximately during normal business hours in the Eastern European Timezone.