Chief Accounting Officer Worldwide
Chief Accounting Officer
At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 800+ Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We’re looking for an extraordinary Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer to join one of the most unique accounting groups in the world. You will lead Automattic’s accounting team to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global business. You will oversee close and ensure Finance has accurate information for its planning and analysis. You will drive continuous improvement across the close process, GAAP reporting, and all policies and procedures. You will develop and implement Sarbanes-Oxley controls. You’ll lead the preparation of financial statements and future SEC filings.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a CPA or equivalent license and have worked with one of the Big 4 accounting firms at least at the senior manager level.
- You have worked with software as a service (SaaS) or other subscription businesses.
- You are excited about building and leading teams across accounting, tax, payroll, and related areas.
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English.
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- In one sentence, how would you describe Automattic’s business model to someone who isn’t familiar with the company?
- Tell us about an accounting problem you enjoyed working on recently. Why did you like it?
- What is your favorite SaaS metric for a business like WordPress.com?
Vacancy page : https://automattic.com/work-with-us/controller/