Regulatory Affairs Specialist United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a dynamic, unique, and rapidly growing company seeking an experienced Regulatory Affairs professional to help Twilio’s domestic compliance efforts throughout the U.S. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and executing on Twilio’s state regulatory and policy strategy in coordination with the Communications Policy team, including identifying and monitoring key state regulatory and legislative requirements and proposals that could impact the business now and in the future. You will work closely with members of Twilio’s Global Public Policy team and the broader Legal team, as well as its business units and product specialists, to advance Twilio’s advocacy, ensure compliance with state regulation, and make recommendations on how we can improve. You will report to the Head, Communications Policy, who is based in Washington, D.C.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading state regulatory programs. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in federal and/or state advocacy and public policy with the desire to focus solely on state regulatory affairs
- Communications experience is a MUST
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience working in-house on federal and/or state regulatory issues and legislative advocacy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A deep understanding of wireless and wireline communications federal and/or state regulations and legislation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Juris Doctorate preferred.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
A sophisticated understanding of the U.S. communications ecosystem, including VoIP, common carrier, and private carrier regulation. In depth experience with federal and/or state telecommunications compliance obligations, including USF, E911, disability access, etc. Experience advocating to federal and/or state legislatures and PUCs. Preference for familiarity with technology policy issues and how those policies intersect with telecommunication policies. Experience with implementing unique strategies to address changes in the federal and/or state telecommunications regulatory and legislative environment. Previous experience working through trade associations and directing outside consultants to achieve a company’s policy goals a plus. A demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically is desired. A preference to work independently as a part of a larger team, an ability to manage multiple projects, and be available for occasional domestic travel.
As a State Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure compliance with new and existing state telecommunications and VoIP regulations and inform relevant business units; analyze important policy issues that could shape the regulatory compliance of Twilio products and draft briefing papers to help our product teams understand the consequences of such compliance.
- DRAW THE OWL: Help to foster a light regulatory environment allowing Twilio to offer innovative services with the least state oversight.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Ensure Twilio is meeting and exceeding requirements and policies to be a trusted communications provider; recommend and advance policy that will foster greater compliance opportunities; take responsibilities and accountability of your work.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Advance Twilio’s state regulatory and policy needs to allow Twilio’s business units to succeed; cross-functionally collaborate with different teams throughout the company to further Twilio’s business objectives.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Exercise appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities and obstacles, and conducting due diligence; be honest and direct.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Focus attention on addressing the most pressing state regulatory issues that have a direct impact on Twilio’s business.
The Communications Policy team is responsible for developing and implementing Twilio’s strategic policy objectives and mitigation efforts to advance Twilio’s growth. The ideal candidate should be able to understand and anticipate regulatory and policy developments to ensure that Twilio’s business interests are protected and promoted within an evolving environment. We work closely with senior leadership, product and business development teams and serve as the Twilio’s principal communications advocates to policymakers and regulators in North America.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience; understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; and that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Tier 5 base salary range: $116,300 - $159,913
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2967897