Regional VP Sales - East/New England based Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
- Lead, train and mentor the sales team; you are a coach first and foremost
- Execute the company’s sales strategy and create new approaches to drive the team to exceed their quota; be creative, you have a number to hit
- Uphold all sales processes and workflows; structure will be your middle name
- Be a partner on the leadership team, refining and executing against the company’s vision and strategy; while sales is your domain, we want you to think bigger
- Manage individual rep performance; you will obsess over numbers
- Drive pipeline, forecasting, deal review and negotiation; you aren’t afraid to jump in the trenches
- Collaborate with customers success to help drive adoption and minimize customer churn; you will care about the entire client lifecycle
Who you are
- A strong sales leader with 5+ years technology sales management experience combined with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise software environment - preferably Agile, Devops or Security
- Experienced Sales Manager for a team of 5 or more reps is required
- 7+ years of quota carrying technology sales and account management experience as an individual contributor prior to management experience
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales-cycle
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Ability to negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and other concessions
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong history of effective hiring and training of new Account Executives
- Bachelor's degree
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.