Regional Vice President of Federal Sales Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Director of Federal Sales is a key contributor and will lead our Federal sales initiatives and develop a winning strategy to capture this growing market opportunity.
- Create, evolve, and drive the Federal sales and marketing strategy
- Have a thorough understanding of the Federal sales cycle including partner networks
- Hold and maintain adequate levels of security clearance to allow access to people and projects unique to the US Federal Government
- Identify, source, and develop new sales opportunities across Federal agencies
- Establish and develop key relationships with stakeholders and decision makers
- Collaborate with strategic partners to develop winning offers
- Provide guidance to proposal teams by communicating key stakeholder expectations
- Manage and develop a team of federal sales reps and solutions architects
- Establish operational command of the Sonatype Federal Business, build and scale pipeline, develop annual, quarterly and monthly plans and objectives supported by winning initiatives in line with the company objectives
- Become the “ambassador” of the Sonatype Public Sector business within the Federal community and influence the company objectives toward achieving and maintaining scale through product innovation, partner influence and sales incentives
Who you are:
- Minimum of 10 years in a Federal software sales position
- Minimum of 4 years in a Federal sales leadership position
- Extensive and current contact list within the federal agency community
- Experience conducting product demos
- Strong ability to find new leads,, prospecting, and cold calling skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Must have a verifiable history of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Grit, determination and energy required to build an exceptional business in every aspect
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.