Regional Security Manager, Americas Raleigh, North Carolina
GitHub is looking for an experienced Regional Security Manager (to be based in Raleigh, NC) to develop unique physical security solutions for our US region. This is a newly created role and we are looking for someone who can help build a physical security function, and manage a regional security and safety program that will scale with GitHub, while delivering world-class client experiences and meeting business objectives. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Global Physical Security Operations.
If you have a demonstrated record in physical security and safety, enjoy the challenges of building operations from scratch, and want to grow with a department tasked with solving complex security problems for the world's largest software development platform, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
The Regional Security Manager will be focused on providing the best in class service and support to all Hubber’s, Workplace Operations Management and guard services in our United States region which includes offices in San Francisco, Bellevue, and Raleigh-Durham as well as coworking offices in Vancouver and New York. This role will implement policies and protocols to protect and physically secure all GitHub employees, assets and operations. This role requires the experience necessary to manage and support a large region, and an ability to leverage technology and systems to proactively mitigate potential threats and risks to a rapidly scaling company that has valuable core technology and real world physical operations.
- Be a cultural leader for safety and security; highly experienced and proficient in all elements of physical security.
- Maintain an open line of communication and partnership with the Workplace Operations Management.
- Assist the Global Workplace Security team with the development of security protocols (SOPs) and guidelines for each office, including access control standards and policies, visitor management, fire/life safety, event security, incident response, security guard operations, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff.
- Implement security and threat management programs to support the safety and well-being of employees and physical assets.
- Ensure incidents are fully investigated and provide incident reports, briefings and after action recommendations to leadership.
- Design and conduct a cadence of regular audits to evaluate the performance of security team members, contracts, and established SOPs.
- Manage the day-to-day physical security and safety operations for all offices, security guard services, business partners and vendors.
- Effectively and regularly communicate and train employees, response teams and the security workforce on emergency plans.
- Maintain relationships with law enforcement and understand the nuances of working with related agencies worldwide.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Liaison between Microsoft regional security, building landlords, engineers and security departments.
- Monitor and report on risk to our leadership team and employees.
- Provide direction and support necessary to acquire the highest quality security talent with vendors, including office guards, private security providers and other security personnel.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of large scale corporate security experience required; (Law enforcement and military experience included)
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work and resource deployment
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment methodologies
- Solid project management skills with ability to achieve results
- Executive presence with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, effective at building trust
- Demonstrated experience with budget planning and management
- CPR/AED and First Aid qualifications
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3539472