Regional Account Manager- Midwest (Chicago/Minneapolis) Central - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is growing, and we’re looking to bring a Regional Account Manager into the sales team. This is an individual contributor role whose primary responsibility will be to uncover new sales opportunities & sell Sonatype Nexus software products & services to customers and prospects.
- Proven track record of selling to technical audiences like Security, Dev/Ops and IT Operations, leaders (CIO, CTO, CISO, VP of Engineering, VP of AppDev, etc.)
- Prospect, develop, and close new Fortune 1000 enterprise customers for Sonatype’s application and application security software products in a defined territory, as well as upsell new products and services to existing customers
- Attain quarterly and annual goals and quota targets. A proven history of quota over-achievement
- A passion to win, the ability to lead by example, while displaying a positive attitude
- Having empathy in communication with customers and peers, being a good listener.
- Identify and Qualify opportunities, and allocate time and resources accordingly
- Manage large/global enterprise prospect and customer evaluations and proof of concepts
- Develop and execute on territory & account plans to deliver maximum revenue potential, manage sales activities, updates, and create and deliver accurate forecasts in Salesforce.com
- Ability to solve complex business problems for our customers
- Work cross-functionally with extended team members
- Ensure a positive prospect/customer experience, and make our customers successful
- Candidates primary residence should be located in a major city within the state of California
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment at a high growth company
- Team player attitude
- 5-7 years of field sales experience, or equivalent quota-crushing role, in the software/technology sector; experience in cyber-security or DevOps preferred
- Experience managing and closing NEW business within the Fortune 1000
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10% of company) in past positions
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com , Google Drive, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25%+
- Meet and/or exceed your quota by identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities at enterprise-level companies (between $400 million - $1 billion in revenue).with C level execs
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and challenges
- Turn client and prospect feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks. Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Engineering, Sales Operations and Customer Success to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Exceed sales goals and quarterly revenue targets while being a collaborative member of the team.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in Salesforce.
What We Offer
- World sales enablement training: a training program focused around an introduction to our space and how to sell our security and developer products.
- Advancement: Learn skills aimed at developing career growth.
- A ramp quota with a focus on development and training in order to have a successful, productive career with Sonatype
- Support and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback
- A chance to join our President's Club
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Parental Leave (PTO)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.