Regional Account Manager - Federal Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Currently we are seeking a Federal Regional Account Manager to join our sales team. In this role, you'll be responsible for uncovering new sales opportunities within your assigned territory. Additionally, you’ll nurture and close opportunities with new and existing customers, manage pipeline and forecasts, and promote Sonatype solutions to our customers.
- 8+ years of Federal software sales experience
- Possess a strong enterprise sales background and history of over-achieving annual target quota
- Sales experience with software in the Agile, DevOps, Security, or Open Source space
- Have a thorough understanding of the Federal sales cycle, including partner networks
- Aggressively hunt for new sales opportunities and follow-up on leads in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Must be a team player and comfortable selling software in a rapidly evolving, high growth, dynamic start-up environment
- Extraordinary people skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- BS or BA in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
Duties and Responsibilites
- Develop and close sales opportunities for Sonatype’s Nexus platform offerings within your assigned territory
- Effectively communicate Sonatype’s value proposition in order to increase sales and expand existing customer footprints
- Meet monthly and quarterly revenue and pipeline objectives
- Provide weekly accurate qualified sales opportunity forecasts
- Deliver lead generation through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing-generated and inbound leads
- Manage pipeline including activity for sales opportunities within Sonatype’s CRM system (Salesforce.com)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.