Recruitment Manager Worldwide
Collage.com’s mission is to make the creation of custom products easy for everyone, by providing superior software and excellent customer service. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Our company has been featured on the TODAY Show, The View, and Good Morning America many times. We are a 100% employee-owned company that has rapidly grown to 60 employees and $50M annual revenue since 2013.
We are 100% Remote
As a 100% remote company, we are set up to provide the best possible environment for engineering. The less time developers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. Collage.com’s co-founders/co-CEOs both come from a technical background and believe in staying at the forefront of best practices so that we can focus on work that matters. We pass almost all of The Joel Test (we only fix high-priority bugs before writing new code, but hey, we’re a start-up), use continuous deployment (code goes straight to production after each merge), and are in the process of adopting mobx-state-tree with React. Strong engineering is a key part of our business strategy -- it lets us build best-in-class design tools faster than our larger competitors.
We are seeking a Recruitment Manager to join our growing people operations team here at Collage.com. Our ongoing people mission is to create and uphold a company and culture where our employees are happy and can do their best work and as the Recruitment Manager, you are accountable for driving that mission. This position will work closely with the rest of the people operations team as well as other teams including product development, marketing, customer service, data analysis, engineering and our leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high growth company as an early member of the people operations team which will give you the chance to have a significant impact on the continued growth and success of the business. This role won't just be about filling positions, it will also be about shaping and scaling our recruitment strategy as the company evolves in an exciting way.
- Manage, coach, inspire and grow a team of all-star recruiters.
- Collaborate closely with our people operations leadership and wider team on the end to end people & culture strategy.
- Manage, prioritize and fill your own open positions as well as drive the success of the team you manage. You will be primarily focussed on leadership hires and will need to make decisions about pivoting between strategic leadership work and hands-on tactical work to correspond with business growth and changes.
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, operations, customer service, engineering, data analysis, and other teams as needed to understand and help design their recruitment needs and ultimately drive the hiring plans.
- Lead the process for creating job descriptions and postings, interview plans and material such as technical exercises and written take home challenges in collaboration with hiring managers and teams in order to attract and identify top talent and also create a competitive candidate experience.
- Oversight and scaling applicant tracking system and recruitment metrics to ensure detail oriented tracking and reporting to enable high optimal, data driven decision making.
- Effectively communicate recruitment expectations and report on progress with stakeholders, leadership team and and with the company as a whole.
- Advise on and lead opportunities to optimize and build our employer brand through our careers page and other third party platform and PR opportunities through partnership with the marketing team.
- You ideally have at least five years experience in talent acquisition including leadership experience. We are looking for both breadth and depth of recruitment experience which we are more interested in than your years.
- You have experience in a high-growth start-up and have embraced and thrived in the pace, excitement and unknowns.
- You have experience collaborating closely with and influencing hiring managers and upper level leadership of a variety of specialities and levels, up to the C-suite.
- You have experience building recruitment analytics dashboards or enough understanding of and experience with them that you could one!
- You have experience assessing and optimizing applicant tracking systems for scale.
- You have experience successfully managing and mentoring recruiters of different experience levels and helping them expedite their learning and effectiveness and achieve exceptional results.
Skills and strengths
- You have a healthy level of skepticism and an analytical nature. You are able to quickly absorb and analyze unfamiliar information to make decisions that are supported by sound evidence.
- You are extremely curious and great at asking questions to further your own knowledge, abilities and performance and that of those around you.
- You are incredibly driven and have an unrelenting desire to achieve your goals and to exceed expectations.
- You are an expert communicator - you can adapt your approach depending on the circumstances, you are talented at influencing and driving results using excellent communication and you are skilled at identifying and resolving communication problems in order to align stakeholders.
- You are a great storyteller and can convey information about our company and positions to candidates in a compelling and alluring way.
- You are very candid and comfortable giving and receiving feedback with the goal of improving the quality of your own work and the work of those around you.
- You are highly persuasive and can influence those that you work with, whether candidates, teammates or leadership toward an intended goal or result.
Benefits and Perks
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting. (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family.
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
- We’ll pay for any computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better.
The Interview Process
The goal of our interview process is to identify people who will be a good fit for our company and are talented, ambitious engineers. Because you will be working remotely, all of our interviews are done remotely. We look for candidates with good written and verbal communication skills who embody our company values (which can be found on our careers page).
During the interview process, you will:
- Speak with the VP of People Operations who will be your manager
- Speak with the recruiter on our team who will collaborate with and mentor
- Complete a take home challenge which will help us get a better sense for you abilities
- Speak with a stakeholder(s) from another team that you would be working with
- Speak with both founders/CEOs of the company
We believe in transparency, and will give you the opportunity to speak with anyone else you’d like to meet before accepting an offer. You are making an important decision, and we want to make sure you are fully committed to joining our team.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/collagecom/jobs/5077560002