Recruiter (Contract) Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
As a contract Recruiter at the Wikimedia Foundation, you’ll be supporting a globally distributed recruiting team to fulfill the hiring needs of our growing organization. This is a hands-on role with a strong focus on building relationships - both internally and externally, humanizing the candidate experience, and applying innovative and inclusive strategies to fuel talent pipelines that represent the world. In this role, you’ll have a part in helping shape the organization to reflect the diversity of who we serve everyday: all human beings.
You are responsible for:
- Managing the recruiting lifecycle for assigned roles from end-to-end: from preparing roles for kick-off with hiring managers, selecting and interviewing candidates, up to extending offers and closing candidates
- Partnering with hiring managers to design inclusive hiring processes that not only reduce potential biases, but respect cultural and individual differences
- Stewarding the candidate experience to be thoughtful, authentic and memorable; keeping candidates informed of timelines and outcomes
- Researching and utilizing creative approaches to diversify candidate pools
- Regular check-ins with hiring managers and interview teams, and recalibrating when needed
- Exploring and supporting new networking opportunities in the form of recruiting conferences, career fairs, workshops, and mentoring sessions
- Collaborating with the recruiting and broader T&C team on departmental projects and trainings
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in full-cycle recruiting for technical and non-technical roles
- Extensive hands-on experience with prospecting, selecting, interviewing, extending offers and closing candidates
- Passion for networking and spotting candidates who can widen the range of perspectives and skills on an existing team
- Strong cross-cultural awareness and respect for differing viewpoints
- Ability to develop sustainable relationships through clear expectation-setting and leading with authentic communication
- Proven system for organization that prioritizes attention to detail and time management
- Strong self-drive to carry processes and projects through to completion
- Natural orientation towards autonomous collaboration
- Flexibility with shifting priorities and resilience for unexpected changes
- Ability to interpret and uphold internal processes
- Ability to work across different time zones
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Global hiring experience
- Experience with Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System
- Passion for social movements and knowledge sharing
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/3662188