Quantitative User Researcher Remote US, Remote Canada
- As a member of the Firefox User Research team, conducting a variety of quantitative research on internet users to help Mozilla product leaders make decisions
- Leading end-to-end research design including scoping research questions, planning projects, writing surveys, gathering data, analyzing results, and communicating actionable, data-based recommendations
- Staging surveys and specifying recruiting criteria in paid panels as well as our in-product participant recruitment tool
- Conducts surveys, secondary survey analysis, and non-survey methods too
- Explains sampling and generalizability to stakeholders
- Works with external vendors, guiding research Mozilla may outsource
- Works with other research specialties such as qual researchers and data scientists as a peer contributor
- Has experience with attitudinal and behavioral data, knows what each is best to measure, and understands how they might be connected
- Has experience presenting to exec leadership, including storytelling to help them understand the meaning of research results
- Is a leader and a mentor within the UR team as we develop our market research capacity
- Values users' experiences and forwards our efforts to debias research
- Access and analyze moderately large data using tools like R and SQL
- Conduct hypothesis testing, simple statistics, power analysis
- Draw on your mixed-methods research experience
- Experience in large scale, broad, internet audience or tech-focussed products
- Demonstrated skills in data viz
- Market research experience for audiences in languages other than English or outside North America
- Technical (light programming) skills to write scripts to target users or customize a survey platform
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3596919