Quality Assurance Analyst Worldwide
What We Do
Simply put, we make websites easier to use. Through a scientific method of determining which site improvements result in actual performance improvements, we replace the old way of designing sites through gut feel and management opinions with designing sites through data. Clients come to us for both strategic direction and to supplement their internal teams.
The Quality Assurance Analyst (Contractor)
As a Quality Assurance Analyst for Cro Metrics, you will serve as a consulting partner to a team of engineers, program managers, and product managers. You’ll be the last line of defense before an A/B test is launched on the client’s website for the world to experience. This is not a “check-the-box” QA tester role — you’ll need to be comfortable analyzing many different websites, designing your own test plans on the fly across a wide range of complexities, navigating the technical ins and outs of various web experimentation tools, and ensuring all issues are addressed before your final stamp of approval.
- Partnering closely with the Engineering and Account teams to interpret needs, implement A/B tests, and deliver timely results to clients.
- Manually performing cross browser, functional, visual, and smoke testing daily across a wide variety of websites, and diving deep into each A/B test to ensure reliable functionality of the web experimentation tools.
- Ensuring all A/B test issues are identified, understood, and resolved or addressed with the team through regular written check ins, video chats, and retrospectives.
- Documenting learnings and observations regularly to help disseminate information the team needs to succeed — and even designing new processes, how-to guides, test plans, etc. as we explore, innovate, and grow.
Qualifications & Experience
This is a high communication role, and while no specific experience is required, it can get technical at times as you navigate and troubleshoot A/B tests, dev tools, web technologies, etc. You must be capable of learning new technical concepts quickly and regularly, and be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 2+ years customer service experience or other experience in a high communication role.
- Technically-minded — Although no prior experience is required, the position can get fairly technical when it comes to the web experimentation tools, resembling a Tier 2 IT Support role.
- Critical thinking — You can analyze a problem, design your own test plans, and love iterating on your own processes.
- Attention to detail — You have high attention to visual detail, can communicate clear and specific step by step instructions, and leave no stone unturned.
- High communication — You enjoy writing (a lot), collaborative problem solving, and jumping on a video call is no problem.
- Your own hardware — You’ll need at least a desktop or laptop computer capable of running modern web technologies, a functional web cam (we video chat often, camera on is preferred), and a phone sized touch device.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, calendars, spreadsheets, etc).
- Able to work 20-30 hours per week (flexible to your needs) as a 1099 contractor.
Nice to haves. These are not required, but any experience or knowledge of the below will help you come up to speed faster.
- Experience with Jira, Slack, or Zoom.
- Experience with A/B/n tests or with leading testing platforms such as Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, etc.
- Experience working fully remotely.
- Technical focus in schooling (e.g., Code School, CS, or MIS Degree).
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts.
Compensation: $40-$60k plus benefits. (Most offers fall within the middle of the range.)
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country. Daytime availability is required for syncing with the team via Slack or Zoom, but Quality Assurance Analysts enjoy all the flexibility remote working has to offer. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through both synchronous and asynchronous communications.
- We work hard and move fast. We’re working on many different websites with varying underlying technologies. You’ll see a lot of pages and forms and there’s not a lot of automation. Maintaining quality while working on so much requires more than just checking boxes, you’ll need to think critically.
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. This is not a simple “pull tickets and give sign off” gig. Successful applicants enjoy collaborating across teams, defining and clarifying needs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
At Cro Metrics, our goal is to create a remote environment which celebrates the differences that make us, us. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable space, but we realize we don’t always get it right. We’re continually working together to create mutual respect and opportunities to learn from one another and we encourage people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply.
We’re looking for team members located in the U.S. regardless of race, ethnicity, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, veteran status, citizenship status, gender, gender-identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information and any other protected or unprotected class we may have missed. (BONUS: Did we miss anyone? Let us know and we’ll add it here.)
Vacancy page : https://crometrics.com/careers/qa-analyst/