QA Analyst United States
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The UX team owns the user experience of the Falcon platform UI. We are looking for an experienced QA Analyst to join our team and help ensure our product UIs work well and address users’ needs.
You’ll be joining a cross-functional, global UX team composed of software engineers, designers, researchers, and writers collaborating closely to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Write and execute test plans for new UI features
- Help develop and document requirements
- Help educate and advocate for testing best practices and overall product quality
- Participate in design and documentation reviews
- Coordinate with multiple teams to understand requirements and get issues addressed
- Look at the product holistically and rigorously test the UI to find inconsistencies and issues that are difficult to test
- Identify and/or create environments/conditions needed for testing
What you’ll need
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience documenting technical requirements
- Attention to detail and organization
- Comfort working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort working with diverse stakeholders
- Courage to champion the user perspective and the quality of the project
- Pragmatism to prioritize issues and prevent perfect being the enemy of great
- Experience testing web UI
- Experience automating test execution
- Experience editing/proof-reading
- Knowledge of and experience in cybersecurity or productivity apps
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/og1FafwQ